SunSpec Alliance, the information standards and certification organization for the Distributed Energy Resources (DER) industry, announced the speakers for its Global Climate Action Summit affiliated event, Gridvolution, Solar and Storage Finance Summit, to be held Wednesday, September 12, 2018 in Cupertino, California.
Gridvolution gives voice to DER stakeholders working to digitize information and interoperability of energy assets. This platform for the “electricity grid in evolution” brings together those creating our digital energy reality with standardized data communications touching every aspect of residential, commercial, and industrial solar and energy storage.
Seventeen leading organizations will participate and present on September 12, 2018 including Blue Banyan Solutions, CableLabs, California Public Utilities Commission, Chapman and Cutler LLP, Clean Power Research, Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI), Fronius USA, kWh Analytics, Salesforce.com, SMA Solar Technology AG, Sandia National Laboratories, Sunrun, Texas Instruments, Tigo Energy, Wells Fargo, Wivity Inc. and XBRL, US.
“Energy is the last fundamental industry to go digital. SunSpec is leading the solar and storage industry into this Internet-based era,” said Thomas Tansy, Chairman, SunSpec Alliance. “We’ve been defining data communications standards for the better part of 10 years and are now seeing those standards serve as the foundation for industry defining mandates including California Rule 21, inverter and module level Rapid Shutdown, the Orange Button taxonomy structure and evolving cyber security protocols. Gridvolution brings all these discussions under one roof to explore the digitalization of the grid.”
The Global Climate Action Summit takes place Sept. 12-14, 2018, in San Francisco under the theme “Taking Ambition to the Next Level.” To keep warming well below 2? C, and ideally 1.5? C–temperatures that could lead to catastrophic consequences–worldwide emissions must start trending down by 2020. The summit will showcase climate action around the world, along with bold new commitments to give world leaders the confidence they can go even further by 2020 in support of the Paris Climate Change Agreement. The summit’s five headline challenge areas are: Healthy Energy Systems, Inclusive Economic Growth, Sustainable Communities, Land and Ocean Stewardship, and Transformative Climate Investments.
Gridvolution, SunSpec Solar and Storage Finance Summit is part of the Healthy Energy Systems agenda. Senior executives will address opportunities in four major sectors of the digital energy grid, then weave them together as they envision the future taking shape in California today:
Streamlining Financial Market Availability of DER Assets through Orange Button
- Charlie Isaacs, CTO for Customer Connection, Salesforce.com
- Jon Previtali, Director of Technology & Technical Services, Wells Fargo
- Michelle Savage, Vice President of Communications, XBRL US
- David Sykes, Partner, Chapman and Cutler LLP
Writing Code, Establishing the Orange Button Developer Community
- Jonathan Xia, Applications Team Lead, kWh Analytics
- Jan Rippingale, CTO, Blue Banyan Solutions
- Jessie Deot, SunSpec Alliance
- Orange Button Platform Demo by kWh Analytics
Building the Digital Grid – CA Rule 21 and Interoperability
- Bob Fox, Head Engineer, SunSpec Alliance
- Poormehr Honarmand, Director of Product Management, Sunrun
- Justin Regnier, Senior Utilities Engineer, Grid Planning & Reliability, California Public Utilities Commission
- Alan Saunders, Vice President, Sales and Business Development, Clean Power Research
Addressing Safety Mandates – Communication Interoperability Solutions for NEC 2017 Rapid Shutdown Compliance
- Zvi Alon, Chairman and CEO, Tigo Energy
- Clark Cogan, Product Manager – Data, Communications & Services, Solar Energy, Fronius USA
- Hannes Knopf, Head of Business and Portfolio Strategy, SMA Solar Technology AG
- Ralf Muenster, Director of CTO Office, Texas Instruments
Cyber Security – Ensuring DER Systems on the Grid are Secure
- Jay Johnson, Principal Member of Technical Staff, Sandia National Laboratories
- Max Pala, Principal Security Architect, CableLabs
- Candace Suh-Lee, Principal Technical Leader – Cyber Security, Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI)
- Alfred Tom, CEO, Wivity Inc.
Gridvolution, SunSpec Solar and Storage Finance Summit will take place at the Hilton Garden Inn, 10741 North Wolfe Road, Cupertino, CA 95014. Registration is required. For more information see: https://sunspec.org/gridvolution/.
News item from SunSpec