For most homeowners, reasons to install a solar system in Denver, Colorado, break down into personal priorities. Many people are motivated by environmental concerns. Others are driven by the idea of being more self-reliant. One thing they all have in common, however, is the desire to save money by generating their own power.
What are the best rebates, incentives, and tax breaks to go solar in Denver, Colorado?
- A net-metering program that pays homeowners for additional energy generated by their solar systems.
- Community solar initiatives, which enable residents to sign up to an off-site solar system even if they don’t own property or have a suitable roof surface for solar.
- Tax breaks, such as:
- Sales and Use Tax Exemption for Renewable Energy Equipment, which eliminates the payment of sales tax when you buy a solar system.
- Property Tax Exemption for Residential Renewable Energy Equipment, which helps homeowners avoid higher taxes on increased resale value resulting from a solar installation.
- Colorado Energy Mortgage Incentive Program, which offers cash incentives up to $6,000 toward the mortgage for energy-efficient upgrades and installations.